Saturday, June 16, 2007

Way Cool Vintage Needles!!!


Vintage Needles!! Way Cool! My mother-in-law went to Texas to help her Aunt Ruth move into a new place. She brought me back some Susan Bates needles that Aunt Ruth had used. The first pictures is a entire set of straight needles (on the left side of pic)size 0-5. I have never seen that small of regular knitting needles unless they were double pointed, which these are not. On the right side there are sets of double pointed needles and crochet needles. These are totally cool.


I also got some patterns that were published in 1965-1967 the cost was $0.35to a $1.50. There were some pattern's she wrote her self that aren't labeled. I thinking about knitting them up. That way I can take a picture of them and then make a scrapbook page with the original pattern and her picture to preserve them. This women loved to chart thing to. Its cool seeing how things were made way back when. Plus I wish that we could have the price of that time period to.


The next picture is of some items in the original packages that have not been used. Check out the price tags. I love the original Susan Bates logo and pictures. I wonder why they stopped making the needles like that. I am very grateful that my mother-in-law thought of me to give these to. I totally love them and will keep them and pass them on to my daughter or son.

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a great present from your Mom! Perfect for knitting those retro patterns you have.

Knitters-Delight