Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thank You Blood and Plasma Donors


First off I would like to say that went to have my son 3rd infusion on Jan 2 and we didn't get to have it. The blood shipment hadn't arrived yet . So we finally got it yesterday on Jan 6 . But on Friday I learn some scary but great news.


I had asked why the didn't have any blood for the infusion. I explained that if we need to supply the donors then please tell me now and I will get everyone in line. The next new about left me on the floor. They told me that for every 1 bottle of stuff my son receives it take 25-30 people(more closer to 30 people) to make 1 bottle and then take another 6-8 months to get it to where it can be used for him. I then was told that it's the blood and plasma both .(different donors for each) Plus only one company that turns the blood and plasma into the blood immunoglobulins that get infused into my son. Long story short God Bless the Donors


I mean I thought I was OK with coming to terms with 1 person being injected into my kiddo . Especially after being told it couldn't be one our bloods . They assured me it was totally safe. Which in my heart I know that . But with the new information. Lets do the math. My son last treatment they had to up the bottles. So he now gets 1 full bottle and a 1/2 bottle. Plus they up all his medications to.
So I have calculated how many peoples have been injected into him since we started. Are you ready? ( I about hit the floor my self)
105 people my son has been injected with in 3 visits. Now tell me if that doesn't scare the hell out of you? For those that don't know we go every 4 weeks Next treatment is Jan 30th.
So I would like to take the time TO THANK ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT DONATE BLOOD AND PLASMA. PLEASE KEEP DOING DONATING . THERE ARE CHILDREN THAT YOU ARE HELPING. I HOPE GOD BLESS YOU IN EVERY WAY IN YOUR LIFE. THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MINE AND MY SON AND FAMILY'S HEART. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
Picture above is taken Jan 6, 2009 Daddy and Tristan playing Mario brothers to pas the time during the treatment. (take almost all day to do)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Just breaks my heart knowing what he's going through...Yes, thank the Lord for all the wonderful, caring people who donate their blood/plasma. Will keep you in our prayers...thanks for posting his name it makes praying for him easier for my son to relate. How old is your son? Mine is 11. God bless you and your family. Hugs

foodandknitgirl said...

He is 6 years old.

queenmamajen said...

You know, the next time our school has a blood drive, I'm donating. I'll keep your son in my prayers. No child should have to go through this. He's a cutie, too! My youngest daughter is 6, so I have one the same age.