Monday, September 24, 2007

Alligator Scarf



Hey everyone! Sorry for not posting sooner every body's been sick in my house. Now that I have energy again I can get things done I need to. Any ways I bought the Alligator Scarf kit from Morehouse Farms. Needless to say the who ever wrote the patter is a total genies. Totally easy to read and knit . What a totally cute ideal. I know all the kid under 10 will be getting one of these for Christmas ( that is about nine total) they all have picked there favorite colors for the alligator to be. On the down side I must say the yarn that came with it was not very good quality. Let just say its definitely burnt or over cooked in the dyeing process. Now I know what it looks like burnt because I myself have burnt yarn. I am in the process of sending there yarn back. Hopefully they will do the right thing and exchange the yarn for not burnt yarn. So far they have said that to send back the pattern and yarn for a refund. But as I told the lady that I didn't want the refund just different yarn they said they could exchange the yarn for a 2-ply. I beginning to wonder if they don't know what burnt yarn looks like. I mean I would never sell burnt yarn . To all those who have bought the yarn if its fuzzy looking and smells bad and basically falls apart its not just the yarn it's burnt. Plus it had wood in it which I can deal with but really can't deal with the smell or fuzzy look. Any ways I will let you know what happens or how it plays out.

3 comments:

Jenni/ squirlko on Rav said...

I would lOVE to have the alligator pattern. I can't believe the company is still only selling it as a "kit" with their poopy yarn:( I am a yarn snob and would like to use my own (sigh)

Great Blog you have!

ladychatia said...

Would you share the pattern??? I would love to knit this scarf for a gift to my neighbors niece who reasently lost her MOM.
The company only sell it as a kit with there horroble yarn that no one wants... I would use a very soft yarn for this...

Anonymous said...

I would love to make that scarf for my two sons, but the pattern is very expencive to have send to Denmark (where I live). 27 dollars + tax!!! Yikes!!!

Is it possible for you to email it to me?
I don’t know what I have to traid for it. Most of my patterns are in danish, sooo…